MCTCB holds its ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician—Grade I Certification Exam and MCTCB Plant Certification Exam each spring (typically late April/ early May) in two Maine locations.
Our application will be posted below once the exam date has been finalized. Completed applications must be submitted and payments received no later than three (3) weeks prior to the exam, so check back here often for updates.
DATE OF EXAMS: TBD
- Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade I exam:
- Full – Written and Performance Exams – $325 ($250 Student)
- Written Exam Only – $200
- Performance Exam Only – $250
- Plant Certification Exam:
- Full – $100
Submit your Application
STEPS TO TAKE:
- Download and complete the Fillable Application (except for signatures with dates),
- Print, then sign and date each page,
- Email your signed application to: email@example.com,
- Mail payment, Payable to MCTCB to: Russ Bragg, c/o S. W. Cole Engineering, 37 Liberty Drive, Bangor, ME 04401.
Please fill out your application COMPLETELY. Incomplete applications will delay the delivery of your study booklet.
APPLICATION COMING SOON!
Review the Study Booklet
Once your payment is received, we will mail you the study booklet with ASTM Standard Testing Procedures that you will need to review prior to taking the exam. Make sure you complete all of its practice exams!
Watch some Videos
These six videos are very helpful when preparing for the Performance Exam. We strongly suggest that you also get some hands-on testing experience before taking the exam. Click “Watch on YouTube” to see all of the six videos.
For the verbal portion of the Performance Exam: C172/C172M – 17—Sampling Freshly Mixed Concrete please refer to the study booklet and its practice exams.
Take the Exam
On the day of the exam , bring a #2 pencil (NO PENS), a calculator, and a mask. Due to COVID-19, masks must be worn at the exam site. You will want to bring your study booklet with you to study during the downtime between your taking the Written and Performance Exams.
******CELL PHONES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED AT THE EXAM SITE ******
Auburn Concrete, 93 Scott Drive, Westbrook, Maine, and
Owen J. Folsom, 299 Gilman Falls Ave, Old Town, Maine.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I get more information about the American Concrete Institute? Check out their website: https://www.concrete.org/
- How do I apply for the exam? Go to the top of this page and read through the steps on this website and on the application.
- I failed the Written portion of the exam. What do I do now? You will need to re-apply and re-take the Written Exam within a year of the failed exam. You may take it through MCTCB or another sponsoring group with available exams listed on the ACI website : https://www.concrete.org/certification/sessioncalendar.aspx
- Can I receive a refund? Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, cancellations and no-shows receive no refund.
- When will I receive my Study Booklet? Typically within a week after we receive your payment.
- Can I change exam locations? Possibly, but only with prior approval from MCTCB.
- When will I get my exam results? ACI typically mails your results to you within 4 weeks of your exam.
- Are there COVID-19 requirements for taking the exam? Yes. Covid-19 -related requirements are included with the application.
- I am a Veteran. Can I be reimbursed for the ACI exam fee? Yes, you may be partially or fully reimbursed. FMI go to: https://www.concrete.org/certification/veteranrebate
- Can I apply for accommodation in accordance with ADA? Yes, please apply at ACI’s website: https://www.concrete.org/certification/ada-info.aspx
How can I ask MCTCB a question? Check out our CONTACT page.